Friday, June 15, 2007

Back from Vacation


I have returned from a vacation to Saskatoon, SK via Edmonton. It was great trip. To borrow a cool word, I "chillaxed." I took time in my childhood neighbourhood and school. I took some pictures of this experience, and I plan to write about them in posts to follow. I also spent time with my grandmother who is a retirement home; saw some other family, and enjoyed company of friends who are dear to me.

The trip coming back was great. On Saskatchewan license plates there is slogan, "Land of Living Skies." The CBC recently ran a contest called the Seven Wonders of Canada. One of the successful nominations was Prairie Sky, Canadian Prairies. I wholeheartedly agree with this choice. The day I returned to Calgary I was treated to some of best horizons to be found anywhere. A example of what I saw is found in the picture above, taken in Alberta shortly before the intersection of Hwy 21 and Hwy 9. There was a storm cell building up over the Hand Hills and it was throwing up these high clouds. Only a few sprinkles ever hit my windshield. There have been times when the drive through this same stretch of road has been boring. Perhaps it was how refreshed I felt from being "home," but I did not find this drive to be dull. The landscape always had something to keep me looking and anticipating. The Prairies...the land of living skies. Yeah, that makes sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, glad to hear you had a good time in good old Saskatoon. Looking forward to future pictures and posts here on your blog.

Ann