Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Spotlight

I got admit there have been times when I have wanted the spotlight. Not only did I just want it, but went out of my way to get it. Part of that craving originated from having a low self-esteem for most of my life. Furthermore, there are still times when I want attention. I am getting better and noticing those tendencies – even when writing for this blog – and respond correctively. I have reflected on this in the last little while, especially since writing about the Power of Story.

As you recall I asked a question that if the status quo remains the same who will know of my beginnings and journey. The framing of this question solicits, potentially, the claim of arrogance or some other not so nice view of myself. And that is not the intent.

As I grow in Christ I recognize the need to be humble. I am trying to find the balance that exists with practicing humility and being confident. So I want to tell you a story about my life not to say here I am grand and tall, and am I not the cat’s meow. Rather, I think I have something to share that is worth telling; that perhaps you can find useful in application to your own life, and to offer appreciation for what it is like growing up on the Prairies. It’s a bit scary for me. I have to decide how much I want to expose or maybe for those points should I invite another writer to give a perspective. We'll see.

No comments: