Thursday, August 02, 2007

What Rich People Watch on TV

According to Andrew Ryan, “television writer for the Globe & Mail, rich people prefer watching The Office compared to comedies by Will Ferrell and Ray Romano. They also like watching the Law & Order shows, The Sopranos, 30 Rock, and The Apprentice. What’s interesting about that observation, and its personal, is that with the exception of The Office and The Apprentice all the rest are some of my favourite shows.

So I have to ask, if my viewing tastes correspond to a richer wallet, why isn’t my wallet richer than it is?

To be fair, I also enjoy Everybody Loves Raymond, and when Ferrell was on SNL he was doing some of the best comedy around.

Is there a correlation to the level an individual is educated and maintains to the type of entertainment that they have an attraction? Does intelligence quotient and the funny bone connected?

No comments: