Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cellphone Bans

The bans on cellphones and driving are starting to catch on fire. Here in Canada it is already law in Newfoundland & Labrador, and I believe in one other province. The story you fond below is from Bangkok. You can also refer to List of Countries that Ban Cellphone Use While Driving. How soon before Alberta gets on board?

I know that before I bought a cellphone I was quite adamant that I would not talk and drive at the same time. I was quick to become indignant when I saw a driver yakking (I still do when I am a pedestrian). OTH I know how easy it is to do. So maybe a ban is the right thing to implement. Just think the world existed before the cellphone came into being. It surely will do well for the 15-20 minutes one is compelled to drive without another distraction.
clipped from www.bangkokpost.com
Police Get Tough on Law Against Mobile Phones

A police officer stationed with the Special Branch Police say a huge publicity campaign will soon be launched to prepare the public for the new law.

(BangkokPost.com) - Motorists have been warned that they have until May 8 to get used to the idea of not talking on their mobile phone while driving.

A police officer stationed with the Special Branch Police say a huge publicity campaign will soon be launched to prepare the public for the new law.

Police are warning that they will get tough as soon as the law officialy become effective on May 8. Motorists were advised to use hands-free talking devices instead to prevent road accidents.


No comments: